Originally posted at Writeindependent.org on April 13, 2012
The following article was written by Mike Adams, editor in chief at NaturalNews.com and published March 20, 2012:
On March 16, 2012, President Obama issued an executive order entitled, “NATIONAL DEFENSE RESOURCES PREPAREDNESS.” (http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness)
This executive order states that the President alone has the authority to take over all resources in the nation (labor, food, industry, etc.) as long as it is done “to promote the national defense” — a phrase so vague that it could mean practically anything.
The power to seize control and take over these resources is delegated to the following government authorities:
(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;
(2) the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy;
(3) the Secretary of Health and Human Services with respect to health resources;
(4) the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation;
(5) the Secretary of Defense with respect to water resources; and
(6) the Secretary of Commerce with respect to all other materials, services, and facilities, including construction materials.
This takeover is designed, in part, to “stockpile supplies” for the U.S. military. Authority for this total takeover of all national resources is granted with nothing more than the writing of a single statement that claims these actions are necessary to “promote the national defense.” As stated in the order:
the authority delegated by section 201 of this order may be used only to support programs that have been determined in writing as necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense:
(a) by the Secretary of Defense with respect to military production and construction, military assistance to foreign nations, military use of civil transportation, stockpiles managed by the Department of Defense, space, and directly related activities;
What all this means is that the U.S. government now claims the power to simply march onto your farm with guns drawn and demand all your crops, seeds, livestock and farm equipment.
Think I’m exaggerating? Read it yourself!
And for those living in denial who refuse to accept the reality of what’s happening in America, remember the following:
• When NaturalNews reported on the existence of the NDAA, we were told our reporting was misleading because Obama opposed it and wouldn’t sign it.
• When Obama betrayed America and signed the bill, we were told our reporting was misleading because “it didn’t apply to Americans.”
• When Obama admitted it did apply to Americans, he announced that he would choose “not to use it on Americans” but only by the grace of his restraint. Nobody who previously accused us of misleading the public had the integrity to offer us an apology and say, “Gee, you were right, it DOES apply to Americans!”
• Now Obama has seized control over all food, farms, livestock, water and transportation across America. How many brain-dead Americans will continue to live in denial and try to convince themselves this is not happening? Sticking your head in the sand does not make this go away…
Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035301_Obama_executive_orders_food_supply.html#ixzz1rvgWkRvB
Obama’s executive order is nothing new. It’s essentially identical to EO 12919 issued by Clinton in 1994. In fact, the only real change Obama made to Clinton’s EO 12919, is removing several responsibilities from FEMA, and placing them under the DHS (which didn’t exist in 94). And Clinton’s EO 12919 was just an amendment to EO 10789, issued in 1958 by President Eisenhower, was later amended by EO 13286, issued in 2003 by George W. Bush.
Bottom line: It’s standard EO stuff for the last (almost) 60 years, and Obama’s executive order brings nothing new to the table. Furthermore, the text of Obama’s EO, NEVER mentions any seizure of property or martial law… not even once.
I’m not even a fan of Obama, but here you are Mike getting all kooky, making me have to defend the man from silly accusations. When the options are research vs tin-foil hat, always go for the research first.